I had fun drawing this baseball field in Illustrator using basic shapes, strokes and, of course, the Pathfinder tool again.
Here is the rest of what I did in a nutshell.
- Make the shapes in Illustrator
- Import into After Effects as a composition, double click comp to open it
- Select layer and go to Layer > Create Shapes from Vector Layer
- Go to View > and deselect Show layer controls (just to make it easier to see)
- Twirl down your shape layer contents
- Add > "group" and just call it groups, then put all your groups in there
- Add > Trim Paths, and animate the Start
- Add > the Wiggle Transformation and set Wiggles/sec to 0.
- Twirl down the wiggle transform and keyframe the position and rotation so they start with a large number and end in 0.
- Make your keyframes all Easy Ease.